The MASTER 1™ pastes are truly versatile ! Let’s cook Thai Massaman Curry. What curry ? Ok, Thai Massaman Curry is a rich and relatively mild Thai Curry with influence from Thai and Malaysian cultures through the use of spices used in Thai and Nyonya cooking. Now, don’t go toiling in the kitchen peeling onions and garlic and pounding the chili. Let’s use the MASTER 1™ Instant Melaka Nyonya Curry paste and then add some ingredients to depict the Thai flavour. It’s going to be delicious !
150gm MASTER 1™ Melaka Nyonya Curry paste
36gm fish sauce
90gm toasted peanuts
150gm coconut milk
Lime juice (add amount according to own preference)
A few simple steps :
1. Parboil the peeled potatoes and set aside.
2. Saute (tumis) the chicken with the curry paste and fish sauce for a minute then add in the potatoes.
3. Add water and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
4. Mix half of the toasted peanuts which had been grounded (other half to be added later).
5. Simmer for 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
6. Add in the remaining (whole) peanuts and stir.
7. Add lime juice and simmer for another 1-2 mins for the flavours to infuse. It’s done ! Let’s eat.